Monday, March 22, 2010

Lessons from the real doctor

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer
yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know
what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss

I wish I could quote this whole book because it's so great! It's amazing how you can learn more from 10 pages of a child's book than you can learn from a brick-sized adult novel.

I've been focusing on my confidence lately. I used to have so much of it, but for whatever reason, I find myself constantly pushing negative thoughts through my mind and putting myself and others down. I think it all stems from a lack of confidence and self-worth.

My hope is to overcome some doubts and major issues I have in regards to my job and my social life.

How do I accomplish this?

First, I'm going to surround myself with positive people only.

Second, nothing negative is allowed to come out of my mouth.

Third, I'm not really sure yet. Let me master the first two first :)

Time for bed. I wish I had a copy of "Oh, the places you'll go!" to read for my bedtime story!

2 comments:

Anaise said...

I've read an awful lot of posts about that book lately--it seems there are lots of people dying for Dr Seuss's sort of encouragement.

Here's hoping you reach your goals--I'm thinking you're well on your way!

Kelly said...

I've been pretty negative too lately, for some reason I am very pessimistic about things. I am definitely trying to change that.

On the confidence thing, sometimes all it takes for me is to remember who I am and what I'm supposed to be doing.

So I'm going to infuse some confidence with some inspirational quotes! No one can feel down when they hear these!

“God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain” – C.S. Lewis

"He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less." - C.S. Lewis

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C.S. Lewis

All of these quotes tell me that Christ cares and He loves you! Even if you were the only one on Earth, He still would have done the things He did. That shows how much He treasures you!

God knew we would all have trials and it can be painful and I definitely know that it can be a trial, but He never leaves us alone and will always help us.

I hope this can help to give you a boost today, never forget who you are! And if you do, I'll make you remember and force you to be happy! lol.

This is probably the longest comment ever, but I don't care! I want you to be happy and stop feeling down! You're a wonderful person and you always make my days brighter. Don't let the world tell you how you should feel. Whenever you feel down, make sure to call me and we'll do something, odds are I'm feeling the same way!