Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goals

I've always secretly been afraid of setting goals. I mean, I've set goals before, but most of the time it's just because I have good intentions, but have no real desire to meet them. Today, that all changed.

Amidst workplace boredom and thousands of supportive electronic "friends" (
www.sparkpeople.com), I set my first real goal:

Lose 55 pounds by 12/31!

An easily attainable goal, some might say, but to me, it's going to be the hardest thing I ever do.

Lucky for all my readers, you get to witness it--every step of the way.

Step one: Get my butt in gear and start becoming active! As soon as I'm done writing this I'm going to go take Beesley on a walk!

Back blogging:
Who is my mystery commentator? You said you love my blog, but I don't know who you are! By the way, I love you more.
Anaise gets the coolest cousin award--she's commented on my blog every day this week! I'm sure your sick baby appreciates you taking time out to comment on my blog! :D

4 comments:

Cade said...

Don't forget the other goal you set with blogging. You were going to do it everyday and so far you're doing pretty good. Set hard goals that make you feel good when you accomplish them. Sissy goals suck. There is no feeling of accomplishment. Both of your goals will make you feel amazing when you reach them.

Jenny said...

Go Malena! Losing weight is so dang hard, I know. You can do it, you can do it! Keep making little changes and they'll totally add up.

Judy said...

I'm afraid of setting goals too--so I'll be watching you to see how it goes...

Anaise said...

Hey! I love getting awards! You made my day!

You can so reach that goal--I read that you can break that big goal down into baby steps--like 3 or 4 pounds a month, and then it's not so giant!

I'm whooping and hollering for you!

Go! Malena! Go!