Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An idle mind is the devil's workshop

Did I ever explain why I started this blog?

One reason was the fact that I love getting comments, praise, and suggestions from everyone, so thank you to those who have faithfully commented! Especially Anaise, who, despite the fact that she's the mother of 5 (6? 7?) girls, she still finds the time to comment, every day.

My main reason is boredom.


"Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need. "
--Voltaire

If I have a goal--writing a daily blog--then I have something to focus on to distract me from the things I have trouble controlling. I can control how, when, and why I blog and in return I get a chunk of my day devoted to something uplifting and positive instead of sitting on my duff doing nothing.

So, thank you again for stopping by and aiding in my progression.

2 comments:

Anaise said...

And in return for that chunk of time spent in an uplifting pursuit, you'll have a record of yourself--a personal history.

What a blessing!

Keep writing. :)

Jenny said...

And you give others something good to read every day. :)