Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Are you free for dinner tonight?

For the married crowd, if you could offer the world one piece of advice when it comes to the art of seeking that special someone, what would it be?

While I'm not persuing and have not actually been in an established relationship before, I feel like I sometimes know more about life than the average active dater.

Here is what I've learned by observation:
* Do not sit by your phone and wait for his/her call (or text) and pick-up on the first ring. This is a sign of desperation. To go along with that, do not call, text, email, stop by and visit 25 times in a day. This is creepy.
* If he/she doesn't have some sort of contact with you every 30 seconds, DO NOT READ INTO IT!
* If you haven't had a date in 10 years, do not blame the other sex. Men (or women) do not conspire to make your life miserable. If your usual tactics do not work, it's time to change said tactics.
* Do not plan your wedding/children/the next 50 years together because you like him/her. Go with the flow and let things progress naturally. You cannot fantasize progress. 99.9% of the time things will not go as planned anyway.
* If you like someone and you're not sure if they like you back, ASK THEM OUT! Stewing over such things will only put stupid ideas in your head.
* If you're actively dating one person and you're not sure where you stand, FIGURE IT OUT! Stewing over such things will only put stupid ideas in your head.
* If you want to break things off with someone, DO IT! Stewing over such things will only put stupid ideas in your head.
* Stewing over anything will only put stupid ideas in your head.
* Games are for kids. Grow up and quit making rules about everything.

Did I miss anything?

I feel bad for the poor sucker who ends up with me :D

Bonus points go to the person who can guess where the title of this blog came from...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

So right about everything! Although I have to say I do blame guys for being so stupid sometimes! And that is not because I'm in denial, it is a mere statement of fact! lol

Anaise said...

In spite of the fact that I am awake reading blogs to pass the time at 4 am because I have a sick baby who can't sleep (She's with me--I'm not ignoring her! She's sick; she doesn't care what I do so long as she's with me), I'd still rather be doing this than dating again.

I stewed over everything--I don't think you can help it when you're dating.

And if you really like each other, you can't help contacting each other every time you're apart.

And I wish you joy every day.

And the man who is fortunate enought to love you will be blessed indeed.

Anonymous said...

The office! Jim says it to Pam at the end of Season 3 :-)

I love your blog by the way.

Judy said...

I'm not married, so I really shouldn't comment, but I just want to say that you sound like a really smart girl. You're WAY ahead of me as far as figuring out the dating game...

Blair Campbell said...

I love your blog. You are so right on with this dating stuff. It can also go for these married people!! your awesome. Thanks for sharing with me!!