Sunday, May 9, 2010

Water...yuck!

I was finally able to donate plasma again on Friday night. It took nearly 3 hours, but I finished! My veins collapsed a few times and the phlebotamist said it was because I need to drink more water.

My goal tonight is to drink 2 liters of water before bed. Luckily I don't care about waking up to go pee, but I hope I can make it through the night without a stomach ache. Blah! Sometimes water tastes so gross.

Anyone have any tips for how to down lots of water? I usually drink double the amount I usually do when I'm drinking it with a meal--that's the only tip I can think of.

Check out my battle scar!


I hope all you mothers had a great mother's day! Yesterday was my 100th blog post :)

5 comments:

Anaise said...

Don't drink it all at once! :)

Sip all day long.

Cade said...

Mix in some Gatorade powder. Sure there is sugar but only mix in a small amount for taste.

Karina said...

I've read that you're not supposed to drink water during mealtimes. Annoying, I know, especially because that's when I like to drink a lot of water. But it's not best for optimal digestion.

If you keep a water bottle next to you all day, it's at room temperature and easier to drink more of it.

I forgot the name of the flavored powder you can put in your drink. It's not Gatorade, it's not Powerade, but I think it starts with a "P". It doesn't have sugar in it, though, so it's better.

Karina said...

Propel!

Karina said...

Propel is a Gatorade product, I discovered. And it has a small amount of artificial sweetener in it keeping calories low, but I think artificial sweeteners are extra bad for you.

Hard to say which is worse - not drinking water or drinking it with Propel.

I love water because it keeps my skin clear!

Good luck!