Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Does anyone watch this show? *coughCAMILLEcough*

I've had all the episodes on my DVR for a few weeks and finally decided to watch one. One turned in to two, and two turned in to me crying and laughing and nearly throwing up.

OH MY GOSH.

How can a kid think a tomato is a potato? Or not recognize broccoli? Or not know french fries come from potatoes? It's so sad!

Please chime in if you're a regular viewer of this show. I need to have some venting buddies, because I cannot believe the things they showed and I'm so disgusted processed food has taken over the world.

I'm certainly not the poster-child for healthy eating, but if anything motivates me to change, it's seeing real life proof and witnessing how something so small can destroy your body and mentality.

Watching how disgusting school food has become makes me want to go binge on celery and apples. How can we feed our kids this crap? Better yet, why aren't we doing anything about it?

3 comments:

Anaise said...

I am.

In my own small way.

And so are my sisters.

Karina said...

I'm doing something about it. I've watched all the episodes that I know exist; we streamlined it through Netflix.

What I couldn't stand is all the food the kids were throwing away. Entire apples!!! Why in the world are they piling high the plates of 5, 6, 7-yr-olds? They eat like birds.

Judy said...

I've been hearing a lot about the show both at work and through my daughters. I suspect a food revolution is about to begin!