Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Scottie manacotti turned 12 today!

It all started 12 years ago today.

I was in middle school, 7th grade. Katee was in 8th. We had two sisters that were expecting and anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first unknown-gender baby :)

I was on my way to art class with Mr. Winget, and Katee excitedly stopped me in the hall to tell me the good news.

Natalie had her baby! And it was a boy! And his name is Scott!

"Who names their kid Scott?!" I said :) I then went in to class and proclaimed I had become and aunt for the first time today. Can you tell I was proud?

Fast forward 12 years later, and my Scottie-boy is now old enough to pass the sacrement and enter young mens! Instead of the traditional birthday call, I texted him! Poor kid has a cell phone. I never thought I'd see the day!

Happy Birthday, Scottie potty!

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Great story.

I remember the arrival of little Scottie--haven't seen him, though, since he was smaller than he is in the picture you posted.

You're a cool aunt.