Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A little Sinatra, a little Connick Jr.--I'm in heaven!

Two of the best romantic singers ever. I have to preface by saying I know my Sinatra. I have most of his CD's and I know nearly every song word-for-word. I love him! I will be sincerely crushed if these "singers" don't do him justice. He is and always will be my favorite :)

These top 5 had better not blow it! Here goes nothing...

Aaron - Bahaha! I love the cute little man-suit.
No. No. No. No. NO. Fly Me To The Garbage! That's such a big and LOUD song, and there was NO UMPH. Boooooo! He had no energy. Send him home.

Is Lee on yet? Come on!

Casey - Whew. Horribly out of tune at the beginning. I appreciate the fact that he's picking a different tempo of song than he has before. The song totally didn't do it for me--it was just awkward from beginning to end! Maybe I'm just a Sinatra snob. I'm not sure :)

Crystal - Hm. Halfway through and I'm not quite sure how I feel. The band is ROCKIN' awesome! I love me some good trumpet playing!
Crystal...right. Kind of OK. Nothing really stuck out to me as great, but it wasn't throwing tomatoes bad. Meh.

Mike - One of my top 3 favorite Sinatra songs. Whewwwww!
Pitchy. Not what I was expecting! The chorus came together, but I wasn't as thrilled as I thought I would be given he's a jazz-y singer. 7/10.

Lee - Lee + Frank Sinatra = HOLY CREPES. I love it already...I totally cracked up when Harry said he looks like a younger version of him. Hilarious! I'm excited after listening to the raw version in the coaching session...
FREAKIN' AWESOME! I loved it! I felt like I was actually listening to a CD. He was in tune, on tempo, and had a great balance with the band. Hands down, the winner for the evening. GO LEE!

1 comment:

Diane said...

If you like Frank Sinatra I'm afraid you cannot be my favorite niece.