Friday, May 7, 2010

Strawberry Coconut Cake

I promised a bunch of people I'd post this recipe after making it last night and taking it in to work. I hope someone duplicates it and lets me know how it turns out!

2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. fresh puree'd strawberries
2 T. sugar (optional)
2 t. vanilla
1 c. melted butter
1/2 c. shredded coconut

Mix all ingredients together well. Mixture will be thick and cookie-like.

Liberally spray a bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle extra coconut inside the empty pan, evenly and lightly covering all the sides and bottom of the pan. Carefully spoon batter into the pan, so as to keep the coconut along the sides.

Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Allow to cool completely on a rack before frosting.

The frosting I used was a mixture of puree'd strawberries, cream cheese, powdered sugar, white chocolate, and vanilla. Sprinkle fresh coconut on top of the frosted cake.

I made this recipe up!!! So happy :)

No comments: