Monday, May 10, 2010

Second failure

I'm so discouraged.

I donated plasma again tonight and got about 95% of the way done, and my veins collapsed! The tech messed around with the needle in my arm a few times and I immediately got sick. UGH! The last time I went in, they told me if I had a lightheaded episode again, they'd permanently defer me from donating plasma again!

I asked the people there what the verdict was, but they said the staff doctor (who wasn't there at the time) would have the final say if I got to donate again. This is so sad!

I drank so much water today I thought I was going to die. Seriously. I made myself sick with water! I didn't even know that was possible!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Well your veins collapsing is not your fault, although it does stink!

I'm surprised after drinking all that water and such that still happened and you were still lightheaded. Craziness!

Hope the doctor okays you and you don't get permanently deferred. Maybe you should not go as much, maybe your body can't handle the stress?

Anaise said...

I'm with Kelly. Take a break. Try again in a few weeks.

I'm sorry you got sick.

Judy said...

Tell me again why you're doing this to yourself?...