Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thoughts and lists from an almost former obese lady...

I'm SO excited. 

I have NOT been excited until now.  Anxious?  Yes.  Scared.  Ohhh yeah.  Happy?  Yes and no.  Excited?  Not so much.

I was finally able to get in touch with the patient liaison at the bariatric center, and while I wasn't able to schedule a surgery date, she did tell me they are currently scheduling surgeries for August 22nd. 

Yes, of 2012.

Holy crap!

This whole time I've been thinking I'd be lucky to get the surgery before the end of the year.  I guess that's not the plan now, and I'm very OK with that.

There's so much I've had to do to prepare thus far, but I'm not even close to being done.

In roughly the next month, I have to do the following:
  • Finish my application for short-term disability (I'll be taking three weeks off work after the surgery)
  • Get massive amounts of bloodwork done
  • Get a chest x-ray
  • Get an ultrasound
  • Save up lots of money
  • Buy a plane ticket for my sister to come down from Utah
  • Lose 19 pounds
  • Attend a series of pre-surgery nutrition classes
I should probably start by turning off the computer.  HA!

P.S.  When you leave a anonymous comment, please include your name.  I love getting comments, but I love knowing who you are even more!  I appreciate ALL comments!

10 comments:

Malena said...

Aunt Ellen, the reason I have to lose weight before the surgery is because it lowers risks of complications. It also helps you heal faster.

Cade said...

Stay discipline Malina. This will be so worth it and you are going to love the way you feel!

Cade said...

Malena

Katie Smith said...

Good luck! I will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy, excited,nervous and HAPPY ( yeah, I know I already said that!) for you! YOU can and will do this! And we're all here for you...Ro

Ashley Marie said...

Good luck Malena! I'm very nervous and excited for you! I wish you all the best, and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I look up to you in many ways, you are one of the strongest people I know. I know you'll be able to get through this, and whatever else life throws at you. You have so many people who love you, and who are standing behind you. Good luck my friend.

Lori said...

That's great news, Malena! I hope all your preparations and the surgery go well.

Dawn said...

You can do it! You WILL do it! I know that you can. I'm so proud of you.

Anaise said...

I'm excited for you! What's the plan for losing 19 pounds?

AD said...

GO Malena! We will be cheering you on!