Sunday, March 23, 2008

Still going strong!

Wow...sorry about the lack of updates! The last few weeks have been H-E-C-T-I-C. Hopefully everything will calm down this week and I can get back to posting weekly blogs.

Since I've been gone, I have lost a total of 13 pounds (-1.2 pounds every week). I AM SO HAPPY! I went to San Francisco a few weeks ago for the weekend and still managed to lose weight that week...maybe because we walked everywhere. A few weeks ago I bought a new pair of pants that are a size smaller than I have worn, and not only did they fit, but the are ALREADY too big. Who knew?!

I met with my counselor for the 4th time last week and he basically told me that I don't need to be meeting with him anymore, because I'm already doing everything right. I never thought I'd hear that...I told him that I wanted to keep meeting with him, just in case. I have my second appointment with my dietician on April 1, and I will give updates on how that goes.

Thank you to everyone for your emails and comments. I appreciate them all!

Motivational quote of the week:
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."
-Helen Keller

8 comments:

Diane said...

whew, glad you are back. It's been a long dry spell! You are amazing and have progressed so far in so short a time. Did I know about this San Francisco trip? Was it safe? These are all questions your old aunt needs to know before you go traveling! Again, congrats!!

Cade said...

Way to go Malena. Going so long without blogging, I feared the worst. I'm glad to hear your still thinner than ever. Isn't San Fran cool? Were you able to go to Alcatraz? It is very cool.

Malena said...

To answer your questions Aunt Ellen and Cade: San Francisco was safe, and it was AMAZING! I loved it! Yes, we went to Alcatraz, and it was probably the most fascinating thing I've ever done in my life. We stayed in a hotel right by the cable cars and rode them everywhere-all day long. I think I'm going to Boston next...or maybe to Vegas.

P.S.-Aunt Ellen, are you coming down to AZ with your sisters? If you don't, I will cry...a lot.

Sara Boulter said...

This is the best news! I'm so happy for you! Way to go cousin!!! Seriously, you inspire me so much.

Erika Bassett said...

Malena~that's awesome! Seeing as you've been losing weight on a consistent basis...I think you should give us some of your tips on your next blog. I would like to know what things your counselor and dietician ask you to do if you don't mind sharing. Keep it up!

janel said...

Malena,
Kim gave me your blog address. I'm so happy to hear about your successes! Congrats, and keep up the good work!

Our Family said...

HOORAY for you Malena!! WAY TO GO! I am glad all is still going well! You are truly an inspiration and I'm SO proud of you!

Camille said...

I am soooo happy for you. I'm glad that things are progressing. I will say that I don't like that counselor one bit. You get to decide and not him! But that's just me being fesity.

I think you're inspiring a lot of people, more than you. Way to go, girly!