Monday, March 3, 2008

Back on track

I am happy to announce-I lost ANOTHER 2 pounds this week. I am now 9.4 pounds less of myself. I am so happy! At church yesterday I had someone tell me I was 'glowing'. Maybe that is somehow tied into Cade's comment about me getting pregnant so I can lose weight chasing after my kid. Ha! I'm sorry to tell you Cade, I won't be getting married and pregnant anytime soon. Wow...I hope my mom isn't reading this. She's probably sorely confused.

Now that I pretty much have the first 10 pounds out of the way, I'm focusing on long term. I've proven to myself that I can lose the weight and now I need to work on keeping my motivation and determination. This is why I have failed in the past. I'm gung-ho about losing weight, but then I lose willpower, my cravings control me....yada yada yada. I know I have things in place to help me with this problem, but any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. My counselor suggested I have people check up on me in a month or so. My gung-ho weight loss cycles last about 2-3 months, which means in the middle of March or April I might be running into some problems. If you feel so inclined, please shoot me an email (I'll list all my contact info below), a phone call, letter, etc. in the coming weeks to help me with this upcoming obstacle. I'm not anticipating any problems, but I know things happen, and live throws you for a loop. I'm more motivated now than I was when I started this journey, and that is something that has never happened. Thanks for the support!


Motivational song for the week:
"Right Now" by Van Halen (good lyrics!)

7 comments:

. said...

Ooooh, I work out to that song all the time! It's a great motivator! Love that Sammy Haggar.
Anyway, well done you! You are doing so great. You should be so proud of yourself. You are going about this the right way, asking for help and support. You can't fail with everyone's loving arms around you! Good luck with March and April, honey!

Diane said...

We are here for you. Anytime things are low just give one of your 500 relatives a call!! Congrats on ten pounds. That is a huge milestone. Many prayers are being said for you and I personally KNOW they are all answered. Go girl. Have you taken Laura's survey re fam reunion in 2010? Are you in for another cruise?

Camille said...

You can do it, Malena. I know you can. Really. You have the right mindset. Just don't let go. Do you ever watch the Biggest Loser? It's my favorite show. Last night they were giving advice on controlling your cravings. It's something we all struggle with. It's such a reality for millions of people. Just remember you deserve to be happy and to have all your dreams come true. DOn't let go. And chew gum. that helps :)

Kandis said...

Elder Oaks gave a talk once about giving 90% all the time, and not 110% some of the time....or something like that. Anyway, he was referring to the spiritual things in life but I think it applies to everything we do. It is one of life's greatest challenges (at least for me) to be consistent at something ALL the time. I know you can do it though if you remember that you're not just doing this for weight loss right now, you're trying to change your habits.....for life. Anyway, you should read the talk, it's pretty good. Congrats on another loss this week and keep up the good work! We are all here for you!!

AD said...

Super, Malena! I am thrilled for you! Think of the next milestone as just another 10 pounds. It won't seem as daunting if you just realize all you need to do is what you have done already. 10 more. Keeping your focus on smaller increments will keep you going, I'm sure! Well done!

Camille said...

Come on girlfriend, where are ya??? I hope you're doing okay and that you're just too busy to post. We miss you and hope things are good.

Malena said...

Yes, yes, I'm still here and I'm doing great. I'll probably post a new blog tomorrow. It's been a HECTIC week! Sorry for the delay.