Saturday, February 9, 2008

-2.2 this week

Lots to report this week! Thanks again to everyone who has left comments and advice, especially for my last post. Keep 'em coming!

First-the exciting news for this week! I lost another 2.2 pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 3.6 pounds. I passed a certain number in my weight amount. A number that I haven't seen in a while, and I'm thrilled about it. Does this make any sense? Oh well...

I scheduled the appointment to meet with the counselor. I'll be going to that on Tuesday afternoon...I'm a little nervous, but I know I have to do it!

I met with a nutritionist about 2 years ago, but I wasn't ready to follow her diet plan, so I never went back. I called my doctor this week to see if I could meet with a nutritionist again, so I have that appointment scheduled for next Monday. I am doing really well with eating in moderation, and eating healthy foods, but I think I need some structure to what I'm trying to do. Hopefully this'll be accomplished by meeting with a nutritionist.

The weekly Latin and swing dancing lessons have pretty much become the highlight of my week (right up there with the weigh-in). I LOVE them! I'm really getting the hang of it. I like the Latin class because I get to dance with every guy in the class (I have NO problem doing that), and it's fun to see how different each guy leads you when you dance together. I'm having so much fun rotating around the circle that I'm really disappointed when the class ends. If you had told me a few weeks ago that I would be taking Latin and swing dancing lessons, and I'd actually be enjoying them, I would have told you that you were NUTS. Just ask my roommates-they tell me all the time that I've changed so much in the last few months. I am so happy with everything I'm accomplishing! I don't think I've ever been happier at any time in my life. I just wanted to let you all know that. I'm going through the hardest journey of my life right now, but I am so happy. Funny how that works...

Motivational song for the week:
"I Can See Clearly Now" by Jimmy Cliff


11 comments:

Nicole said...

Malena...you are such an inspiration! You go girl! I am so proud of you and hope that I can follow your lead and get back on the wagon. I want to lose 15 lbs and it is so hard! You're the best. Keep up the good work.

Camille said...

you're amazing. Meeting with the counselor is scary. I think I held a pillow on my lap for the first 6 weeks...kindof like a barrier between her and me, but eventually it becomes safe and a place you'll WANT to be. I promise. I'm proud of you. Keep it up baby! You're wonderful!

Diane said...

Every single person who reads your blog must be shouting, "Go girl." Man, words can't describe how proud of you I am. Prayers are being answered. In Stake Conference the counselor said in his talk that he feels Heavenly Father's love for him when prayers are answered for others. Thanks for the update. You are just so amazing I'm speechless!! Love you.

AD said...

I'm delighted by the sense of optimism in your post! Keep up your great work and more importantly the great perspective you have!

I stumbled upon this extremely amazing blog which you have to check out. I know it will inspire you!!
http://www.freewebs.com/lynnsjourney/
This woman credits her blog for helping her lose over 150 pounds. She's been on Oprah, The Today Show, etc. etc. Your story could be the next one to inspire millions!!!

Kandis said...

Congrats on another successful week! You are the bomb-diggity, but I'm sure you know that by now! I do have one question for you.....I have been blaming my lack of rhythm on the Pearson blood but apparently that's not the case. How DO you move those hips?!?

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, the bomb-diggity. What you are doing is totally cool. I love reading your entries and reading about your progress. I know you can reach your goal, I always did.

. said...

Good job, Malena! And way to stay so positive. You inspire me!

Good Carma said...

You are so expressive in your blog I get goosebumps, it's like I can feel your triumph. You have grabbed on to life with so much strength and have chosen to share that strength with others. Thanks for lifting me up I needed it. You are an inspiration to us all. Love you girl, keep on going.

Our Family said...

Go Malena! Go Malena!! You are so awesome and I'm SO PROUD of you!!

Kandis said...

What? No update this week? You're killing me girl!!!!

Malena said...

I'm writing it as we speak!