Friday, February 26, 2010

Vindicated

Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of it has caught my eye

Loss is a subjective word. Did I lose my willpower? Did I lose my focus? Did I lose my dedication? Have I lost my faith? Am I losing my job? Did I lose my best friend? Am I about to lose my mind? What exactly is loss?

Loss is my temporary still.

Loss inspires hope.

Loss has been my vindication.

So mesmerizing,
so hypnotizing
I am captivated

I literally feel change brewing. I can taste it. I can hear it. How do I find it? Only through the faith of others and the fervor of one imperfect person...

And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

This is where I begin: to go back to basics, to begin anew, and find out who I am.

This is my journey.


3 comments:

Rachel Leslie said...

I always knew you were a deep one.

Anaise said...

I find that I am forever starting over what I thought had already accomplished . . . it's quite the journey to find one's self.

May it be joyful.

Judy said...

I am inspired by the first words of your journey and glad I get to come along for the ride! I feel like I'm always on a similar quest--to find myself (or my mission). I can say that I have found them from time to time, but I don't know why I keep losing sight of them again! I like the reference to hope--how its shine catches the eye...