Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hidden Blessings

God blessed me with an idiot filter.

I used to think my weight and looks were a downfall, but thanks to the kindness of an old friend, I realized something today...Heavenly Father has just been protecting me!

Let's pretend for a few minutes that I weigh 120 pounds. Most guys would be instantly drawn to me, I'd fit the attraction they are addicted to. I know we all have our own opinions on attraction, but the fact is that people are drawn to those that fit certain physical criteria.

Back to reality: I DON'T weigh 120 pounds, I have everything else going for me but THAT. If someone isn't attracted to me because of that one simple flaw, then they just lost out on an amazing opportunity. Sure, I'm not going to be a match for just anyone, but that's my point.

Heavenly Father has saved me from a lot of heartache. My idiot filter has weeded out those guys who aren't going to love me for ME. I don't have to put up with those that are shallow, liars, and thieves. The guy I end up with someday will be one lucky man, and I'll know he's for me because he will have made it through the filter. I know I'm an amazing person, and I know what I want in life. I'm in no hurry, divine courses are not to be rushed.

For all those of you out there who feel discouraged or worthless, remember that God has a plan for you, and who knows...maybe you have your own filter :)

8 comments:

Anaise said...

You are soooo very right!

I'm really enjoying reading these happy, uplifted posts by you--the sad ones are important, but I'm glad you're having a happy time right now!

Karina said...

Oh, thank you, thank you. I'm going to apply this to me. What a great insight!

Anonymous said...

I am also NOT 120 pounds and I found true love with a totally amazing man who will love me if I am 200 pounds of 400 pounds. Those men do exist. It took me a long time to find him and I had to kiss a lot of fogs along the way until this prince came along. This is where persistence and a good attitude pays off. Just keep moving forward and taking a risk when you meet you people. You WILL find him. He WILL find you!!

Camille said...

okay, spill the dets... did something happen???

Love this post, babe. you're a superstar!!

Diane said...

That was the most uplifting thing I have read in forever. Excellent. Excellent. I always have felt Ken really loved me because he married me chubby. Whether I am thin or chubby he says he doesn't care and seemed to prove it by marrying me. I know there is a perfect someone there for you. You truly are amazing and I'm so glad you realize that FINALLY.

Shar said...

i loved this post. i'm so glad you realize how awesome you are and that you only deserve the best! that a girl! love you. oh, and i will be seeing you very soon!

Rachel Leslie said...

MAlena! I love the blog. By the way there is one thing your missing. I was also protected by being a 6'2 girl. I thus escaped all the macho men of the world who insist on being taller than their women. it's grand i tell you.

janel said...

That is beautiful. And so true.