Monday, April 14, 2008

:) <----That's me-VERY HAPPY!

Sorry for the delay in updates. I've decided to post my 'Dieting & The Book of Mormon' blog later, as I can't seem to get the final draft just right. Stay tuned!

Lets see...where to begin. I lost a slightly disappointing 1 pound two weeks ago, but this last week was AMAZING! More on that later... :)

I went to Utah for conference last week, and got to spend some quality time with my family, including Lindsay and Natalie, who live in Oregon and Oklahoma, respectively. It was a much needed vacation (of sorts) and I was very happy to see my family, whom I miss immensely. I was lucky enough to travel with some good friends from my ward, and we had a really good time...all 24 hours in the car together. None of them had been to conference before, and one of them was just baptized in February, so it was nice to be able to be with them for their first live conference experience. Here are some pics:

Clark, Jason, and Danielle outside of the conference center



Danielle, Jason, Clark, and me!

I wasn't sure if I'd lose any weight while in Utah, but when I got back, lo and behold, I lost 5 POUNDS...or as my roommate, Lindsey says "That's as much as a premature baby!" This brings my total of weight loss to 20.2 POUNDS! YIPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Here are some pictures of me, after 15.2 pounds of weight loss. Can you tell the difference?

Me and my sisters!

My friend Lamar, and I at a Phoenix Coyotes hockey game

I'm feeling good, things are going great, and I'm excited for my progress!

On an unrelated note...Is everyone as excited as I am that The Office is back on?! My life has had a void in it for the last 5 months, and now I feel complete. The Office is the greatest. Go watch it. I'm watching it as we speak!

Thanks for reading, and come back soon!

7 comments:

Our Family said...

I LOOOOVVVEEE the last picture of you the VERY MOST Malena!! You look SO happy, and your face is just gorgeous!! Loved seeing your sisters!! How fun! I'm so proud of you!!!

Kimberly said...

Keep up the good work, Malena! It's fun to hear about your progress.

AD said...

Malena! You are looking great! I could definitely tell that you are progressing. And you look so happy. Fun to hear that you had time with the sibs. I'm sure they miss you, too! Julia and Natalie need to join the blogosphere!

Diane said...

Twenty pounds is amazing. It takes a ton of discipline to lose that much. You can really see the difference in both body and smile. Congrat's to you and glad to hear you had a good time in Utah. I'm trying to recover from not seeing or hearing from you but I have to realize I had seen you a few days before in Phoenix. I didn't know Natalie was here. You girls looked adorable.

Camille said...

That pic of Katee is killing me. She's freakin' hilarious. I am so happy for you and what a positive influence you're having on so many. Don't you just LOVE having sisters?!!!

Judy Francisco said...

I get happier just looking at you. Loved the pics of all the sis's. You are in my prayers night and morning--for reals. Thanks for letting us share in your experience--what in inspiration!

Judy Francisco said...

You mentioned 'Dieting & the Book of Mormon.' Oh-oh. 2 Ne. 9:51 says to "let your soul delight in fatness." Is that going to be a problem?...